Easy Gluten Free Carrot Cake
- 1 Box Gluten Free Yellow Cake Mix Pillsbury
- 1/2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 2 Cups Carrots
- 1 Cups Walnuts
- 1 TB cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cups oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 TB vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Empty the box cake mix into a bowl.
- Add brown sugar and cinnamon and mix well
- Add grated carrots and chopped walnuts and mix till everything is evenly coated.
- Add water, oil and slightly beaten eggs. Mix till well combined. About 2 mins. You don't have to worry about over-mixing.
- Butter a 9×13 baking dish or you can use two 9 inch round cake pans if you want to do a double layer cake. If you're using round cake pans make sure to line them with parchment paper so your cakes will release from the pans.
- Put the batter in your pans and bake following the directions on the back of the box.
- Bake for 34 to 38 mins for a 9×13 pan and 29 to 33 min for two 9 inch pan.
- Frost with your favorite frosting. I love cream cheese frosting.
My birthday was not that long ago. I decided to make the only gluten-free cake that I know. Good thing it’s the best carrot cake recipe that I’ve ever made. Easy and made from a box mix what could be better?
Look at that wonder carrot. I’ve been growing it all summer just for my birthday cake. It was just enough carrot for the cake too. I kind of miss it now.