This has to be one of the best meatloaf that I have ever had. You have to try it. You will never go back to your old meatloaf. And it’s gluten free but don’t let that stop you from trying it.
- 1 lb Ground beef
- ½ lb ground sauage
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 small onion
- 1/4 – ½ cup potato flakes you can use flavored powdered mash potatoes
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Slice bacon into ¼ inch slices and place into a cold pan
- Chop the onion and add to the bacon. Cook till bacon is done and onions are golden.
- Mix your beef and pork and add ¼ cup of BBQ sauce.
- Add your add bacon and onion and mix well.
- Add your egg.
- Add potato flakes till the meat can hold a shape. This should take ¼ to ½ cup of flakes.
- In a 9×13 pan form a loaf and place in a preheated oven for 45 min
- After 45 mins add the remainder of the sauce to the top of the meatloaf.
- Cook for 30 more mins or till the inside of the loaf reaches 180°
I store extra bacon in the freeze so my bacon is frozen. I took my frozen bacon and just tossed it in a pan. I had precut mine before I froze it. So slice your bacon and put it in your pan. Add you chopped onions and cook them down till they are canalized and lovely.
Once your onions and bacon are cooked, turn off the heat and let it cool.
Mix your meats together and add your onion, egg and BBQ sauce.
Add your potato flakes till it will hold its shape. Then get your 9×13 pan and make that bad boy into a loaf.
Place your lovely loaf into a 375 preheated oven for 45 min. After the 45 min pull your loaf out and remove any extra grease then cover it in the remainder of your BBQ sauce. Feel free to add more sauce if you want. Cook for another 20 to 30 mins till your loaf reached 180. Let it cool some before slicing.