Stroganoff is one of my favorite things to eat and once I got over needing noodles to eat it, it got so much better. Rice is a great way to get the sauce to your mouth.
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 16 oz Mushrooms
- 1 Large Onion
- 15 oz Beef or Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 2 cups Rice
- 24 oz Sour Cream
- 2 cups Frozen Peas optional
- 1 TB Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First, start the rice. Add 2 cup rice to 4 cups of water. Bring to a boil cover and reduce the heat to low and cook for 20 mins. After 20 min turn off the heat and leave cover why you finish making the sauce.
- Why rice is cooking. get a large pan to add oil and saute onion and mushrooms.
- When your onions and mushrooms are soft add a little salt and pepper then add ground beef and cook till it's brown
- Add the can of broth and cook it down till you have about a cup of liquid left.
- Add sour cream and bring it to a simmer. If you want to add peas till they are heated through.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
First, we are going to get the rice started. 2 cups of rice to 4 cups of water. Bring it to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cover for 20 mins. Once it’s done just turn off the heat and let it sit.
Why the rice is cooking chop your onions and get them cooking in a good-sized pan with some oil. I used olive oil. But you can use whatever you want. Add the chopped onions and mushrooms. I used baby portabellos but you can use button mushroom. The important part is to buy whatever mushrooms look the best.
Cook the mushrooms and onions till they are soft. Then season with salt and pepper. Add your ground beef and cook till its brown.
Adding the broth you want to cook till you have about a cup of liquid remaining. The amount of liquid you have left will determine how watery your sauce will be.
Add all of your sourcream and bring it to a simmer then add your peas if you want. Salt and pepper to taste. Really you want to be a little heavy-handed with the salt and pepper it is your main flavor.
Sever over rice and enjoy